Assurity Consulting , Head of Service Development
Greg has worked with water for over 30 years as well as having extensive experience in compliance covering areas such as Legionella, H&S, fire and asbestos.
A degree-qualified microbiologist, he worked for the Public Health Laboratory Service (PHLS) as well as a spell producing vaccines, before joining Assurity Consulting in 1989. Greg is a Specialist Member of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM), a speaker and trainer working directly for customers as well as with organisations such as:
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE);
- The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH);
- The British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM);
- The Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE);
- The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH), and
- Health Protection England (formerly the Health Protection Agency (HPA))
He has acted as a retained expert/expert witness having in various health and safety related investigations including a number of high profile Legionella cases, most notably the UK’s largest Legionella outbreak in Barrow-in-Furness in August 2002. He has also acted on behalf of other organisations on water, Legionella and asbestos. More broadly Greg has also had involvement with Defra, DECC and the Committee on Climate Change (CCC) on subjects ranging from water management to the “Red Tape Challenge.”
Greg is a regular contributor to the industry press and has had over a 200 articles published, as well as being:
- The author of the BIFM Good Practise Guide to Risk Management.
- Chair/co-author of the CIBSE technical group who produced the 2013 update of TM13: Minimising the risk of Legionnaires’ disease.
- He also contributed to the current revision of CIBSE Guide A on the health effects of buildings.